All the Beautiful people

China Glaze Awakening Fall 2010 Halloween glitters

China Glaze Awakening glitters for Halloween 2010

I am a Halloween addict! It's honestly the only holiday I voluntarily celebrate.
I adore all things spooky. I even worked at a couple of Haunted Houses for several years.

China Glaze will have 3 new glitters this fall:
Mummy May I
Zombie Zest
Ick-a-bod-y

Mummy May I is a Black sheer jellyish base packed with bright purple chuncky glitter.
This is 2 coats however I think it will need 3-4 to be fully opaque.
This is a chunky glitter so you'll need a tick top coat to somewhat smooth it out.

Ick-a-bod-y is a dark brown sheer base with chunky Halloween orange glitter.
Again this is 2 coats and I think 3 is needed to be opaque.
(Yes I cannot wear Orange I know, lobster paws)

Zombie Zest- Very Sheer Slime green with yellow/green micro glitter that almost gives it a glass fleck effect.
This one has a very smooth finish but will require at least 4 coat to be opaque.

Overall I'm a little dissapointed. The witchy purple glitter in black and Orange glitter in black/brown has been a bit over done and is just not too interesting to me. However not everyone has eleven different Halloween polish set and decorates for All Hallows Eve year round. Zombie Zest is a more unique collor and I do prefer the micro glitter to the chunky standard square glitter in the other two.
So if you don't have the standard Halloween glitters this is a great set to pick up, if you do I would still go for Zombie Zest as it is certainly an unusual and fun polish.



** The products in this post were provided by the company/PR for my honest review

21 comments:

  1. These all look nice on you! I like the purple the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mummy May I reminds me a lot of Wet N Wild Night Prowl, I'd love to see a comparison. These are rather disappointing, I think the only one I will be picking up is Ich-a-body. Zombie Zest is interesting but reminds me a little too much of snot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay these are so friggin awesome! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombie Zest and Mummy May I look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Zombie zest has truly won my heart. The more I see of it, the more I think it's the ultimate nailpolish. Hey, that name alone....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombie Zest is clearly the winner of this set. I could have lived without the other two but Mummy May I wasnt that bad. Im glad you reviewed them. I really wanted to see them on longer nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful colors!
    i'm following you
    please visit my blog if you have time http://konadnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about the overdone thing.
    And Zombie Zest is soooooo pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fun!  Zombie Zest is amazing.  So the other two are more "glitter glitter" pain in the ass removal glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to buying this set.  I love Zombie Zest.  I haven't been in a haunted house in many years.  Love them! I love to decorate for Halloween and give out candy to the kids.  Unfortunately not many kids have come around for 2 years.  It's really a shame how this holiday has been ruined.  I remember many many fun years of trick or treating. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really diggin those colors - and since I'm a noob to the whole polish hoarding thing, I don't have anything that comes close to those colors.  Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fave is the Mummy May I.  I just don't have anything like that one, exactly.   I hope I can find these before or on 9/1.  Halloween needs 2 months of celebration. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Zombie Zest!!! awesome color. maybe on the day itself I shall put that on. if I can get my hands on this set hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually loved all of these haha, but then I don't have Bad Romance so Mummy May I was perfect timing for me. And Zombie Zest is TDF. I love these on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't tell if I like Zombie Zest or not, but it's a pretty epic Halloween colour :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't the base for ick-a-body a GREEN jelly? That's the description I've seen elsewhere. Hm. I still think they're awesome and want then. Now. :|

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooove these colors sooo much!!
    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zombie zest is pretty much an exact dupe of Spa Ritual "Optical Illusion" FYI

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to buying this set.  I love Zombie Zest.  I haven't been in a haunted house in many years.  Love them! I love to decorate for Halloween and give out candy to the kids.  Unfortunately not many kids have come around for 2 years.  It's really a shame how this holiday has been ruined.  I remember many many fun years of trick or treating. 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zombie Zest is clearly the winner of this set. I could have lived without the other two but Mummy May I wasnt that bad. Im glad you reviewed them. I really wanted to see them on longer nails.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay these are so friggin awesome! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO