All the Beautiful people

How to not be selected for Jury duty 101

My mission to not get picked for jury duty was a total success!
So I thought I would lend my tips to my other civic duty shirkers!

First consider where you live and what "type" of community it is.
Mine is Super conservative, rich, republican, stick up the but hard core Southern Christian extreemists.
So yes this was not too hard for me. :)

First I consulted the top minds in the Nail world...MUA Nail board, to determine a perfect don't pick me manicure. Most felt that bright, tacky and bling would do the trick. I added my own twist.
I used a base of Golden Rose Paris Holographic #102
Middle finger I did a base of Bloom Mena (Thank you sooooo much Jacie)

Then I stamped some random and lovely blood spatters using Konad special polish red and my Hot topic fauxnad image plate. Restamping the small splats randomly.

Is there anything prettier than blood splater on holo?

On my middle finger I added a coat of my beloved Wixbetty franken Sexy Scarlet Stilettos.

I am in love with this manicure!

Next Make sure that your youngest child is sick and keeps you up until after 4am.
If you don't have a small child I am happy to loan one.
Oh and you must have an Earthquake an hour after the screaming child allows you to sleep.
(Don't worry my summers in LA had me having flashbacks and I ran straight for my nail polish closet)
No worries it was only a tiny 3.3 right under my town. Go figure I would find the one place in the mountains of TN that has friggin' Earthquakes.

You want your eyes nice and red

add puffy and huge dark circles.

Now you'll want to dress for the occasion. Unfortunatly they send rules so this was not fun enough to take pictures. I just wore my studded ballet flats, black capri's(with my studded belt) and my black studded top.

Makeup is very important, you want to make a frightening good first impression.
Go for bright bold colors that can be spotted from a good distance. Go extra heavy on that smokey eye or the eyeliner whichever makes you feel pretty.

I used ES Neritic (which is a peachy pink, stuip colorblind camera) and Glooming for the outer v and upper lash liner, my camera did not pick up the awesome aqua sparklies that rock like nobodies business. Mind you I was comatose when I applied so pardon my craptastic application. Phyrra look away hun, I don't want to traumatize you.

And if you are working on two hours of sleep you might luck out like I did and have absolutly no symetry at all. I'm just good like that! I think I was asleep when I blended and we are not commenting on the brows. umkay!

Final touch, you must wear pigtails so that you brand new 3 gray hairs show as well as the 6 inch wide section in the back of hot pink. Not to mention that at 36 years old it makes you look like you are confused about your own age. :) (Damn it I love my piggy tails and Chris says they are handy cute.)
Remember to accesorize with your dog collar choker and handcuff earings.

And when they call you yawn as you are walking to the interrogation chair.
Plop down your giant studded Demonia purse that weighs more than your youngest child.

While the Judge and attorneys are consulting glop on more lip gloss.
(ES Primrose path lippie and a tiny dab of Lillian's light gloss)

Then you might notice the two attorneys looking oddly at you and making head motions.
Then the clerk comes and says that you are excused!
What no questions? I was prepared for questions damn it!

Do your best innocent face as you skip to your car!
(P.S. don't mind my fancy robe, I immediately put on my jammies when I got home)
Well my Lovies there you have it. I do hope this helps you out in your time of need.


97 comments:

  1. Haha, this is greatness! Well done. Thanks for the laughs I needed it today! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. <span>Haha, this is greatness! Well done. Thanks for the laughs I needed it today! :-D </span>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, this is too frigging awesome! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skulda - http://skuldasclaws.blogspot.comApril 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM

    Thats horrible and hilarious at the same time.  That they just excuse you based on how you look.  Makes me vomit a little in my mouth.  You had great taste, though.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a damn funny read! Thank you for that! That is a killer mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Litteraly, it my cerial killer mani! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you want me to come do your makeup don't you!? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lacquerwarefortipsandtoes.blogspot.comApril 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM

    I love your nails!  And you make me laugh so I love coming here to read your stuff!  Thought I better join (and stop lurking) and tell you how fun you sound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I didn't already know that people in power tend to be the most judgemental, closed minded and biased, it would upset me. I'm too old to care if they judge me now and I just use it to my advantage. See I'm much smarter that they think. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do what I can love! O:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ;)  The funniest part is that it's all completely true. lol  If you can't laugh at real life what can you laugh at?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome out of the shadows! Come join the insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that blood red nail! hot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bwahahaha!

    Now to go shopping for handcuff earrings and a studded dog collar. Ooh! Maybe one with spikes?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of the nails!  Blood splatters...does sound perfect for jury duty. Thanks for the tips, glad they worked for you (I'm just hoping I'll never have to see if they work as well where I live). 

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you never get called!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mine has studs and a d ring with heart shaped padlock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you lovie! I hope I didn't traumatize you too badly! Give Phaedra loves for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHAHAHA, you crack me up!!  Jury duty avoidance SUCCESS!!  If (well I guess 'when') I get called for jury duty, I will use similar tricks! lol.  Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll loan you my spiked wrist cuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats so cool! I was suppose to have JD on Monday but when I called they said they didn't need me, thank goodness. I wouldn't have been brave enough to wear the pig tails.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are hillarious!! :)  How dare they not pick you!!  The only thing you were missing were the sunglasses so that you could say your red eyes were pink eye that you caught from your daughter, but you were on your way to the doctor's when you had to cancel the appt because you had jury dutu!! 8-)
    Way to go EVIL ANGEL!!

    www.levernischocolat,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, I think I love you for this. I'm just speechless... bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was the most fun blogpost I've read in a long time! You had me laughing out loud! You are as witty as you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love this! Way too funny and ballsy! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the nails...I had jury duty at the beginning of the month and although I didn't get picked (even though I went "conservative" with my least flowy gypsy skirt and plain black nails and my most mundane body jewelry lol) I was actually looking forward to it...anything to get out of my craptastic job for a couple days!  I was also told by co-workers that informing the lawyers you believe in capital punishment for shoplifting will pretty much assure you are not on the jury...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mom, you forgot your pentacle....such an amature.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahahaha this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahahahaha!! Hilarous. Great plan.  8-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heather / EyeconicApril 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM

    This made me CRACK UP. You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hilarious!  I'll pack this advice away for future use. 

    Oh yeah, I love the mani too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG! LOL =D You're crazy!

    And your courts work in weird ways...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You can store it in the useless information part of your brain, that's where most of my brain activity is!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just tryin' to help where I can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. It worked like a charm

    ReplyDelete
  36. It was much better than plan B and there was no need for laytex makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh and I got half a bench all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yeah but I had big plans for that $10, lol

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was going to borrow Chris' upside down cross necklace but I was so tired I forgot. Oh well next time!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've served twice and it was so boring I'd rather watch books on tape. :(

    ReplyDelete
  41. According to my husband I have huge balls! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awwww....you get bonus points for the using the words witty and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well I never got to speak so they missed my great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yes it does love. We are randomly selected to go sit for hours while we are judged by the attorney's and judge. Then they choose who get's stuck on the jury. But they pay you a wopping $10 a day while you are being forced to listen to them.
    It's cruel and unusual punishment which is supposed to be against the law. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  45. HAHAHAHA thats great. I love the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  46. EPIC WIIIIIIIIIIN :D if I was ever able to be selected for jury duty (I'm a foreign citizen so I wont be) I would follow this to a tee.

    And sjdlkajsdlk this is my favourite mani you've ever done :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. yessssss I got bonuspoints *does silly happy dance* :-P

    ReplyDelete
  48. oh my gosh, girl, you totally cracked me up!

    that is AWESOME!

    I am SOOOOO doing this if I ever get called!

    ReplyDelete
  49. oh, and you are the prettiest sleep-deprived girl i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  50. ~Elizabeth aka Lacquered LizardApril 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

    I would have played it a little different, showing up conservative to be selected, and then blowing their minds after. :)  Thereby throwing a wrench in their works of BS that we call our court system these days. 
    I've been called to serve, but not selected only because they reached complete jury before my turn came up. I'd be happy to serve actually. But mostly to toss that wrench. :p

    ReplyDelete
  51. yardsticks4lunaticsApril 21, 2010 at 10:34 AM

    FABULOUS!!!!!  *laughing with tears*

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  52. LMFAO! This entire blog entry is SO great. I've been laughing since I read the title!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love this! It cracked me up. You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Omg- this was hi-la-rious!
    Love the "innocent" look in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh shit that was funny. I've always wondered what would happen if I were called for jury duty. I have already had so much trouble getting through airport security. I wonder if I would have the same problem in court with all my body jewelry and metal studded clothing. I set off the metal detector and get patted down and wanded then watch their faces flush when and where it beeps.

    ReplyDelete
  56. O.M.G. This was priceless!!  I love the nails and the descriptions were great.  Thanks for sharing some tips with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your nails took great!
    oh btw ZOMBIE sent me here

    ReplyDelete
  58. HA! HA! HA! Love it! You are so made of awesome.
    I just wore my LE Slayer shirt from 06.06.06 to jury duty. It helped. That and glaring at my fellow jurors.

    ReplyDelete
  59. hey love, i came here. zombie told me to

    ReplyDelete
  60. LOL! You're hilarious! Well done for dodging jury duty! Everything just errr.... fell into pla ce, I see. Your nails were definitely the highlight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  61. ahhh! very well planned (and funny)!

    ReplyDelete
  62. ahhh! very well planned (and funny)!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thank you! My mani was the most fun

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hugs! How are you lovie?

    ReplyDelete
  65. You should also growl when people get close to you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  66. I try to be as helpful as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh they would die if went through security one right after the other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  68. You notice how good I am at that face, it has been used a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Sarcasm, just one of the free services I offer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  71. ~Hands you a tissue~

    ReplyDelete
  72. I don't think I'm capable of faking conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hugs ya big liar! :*

    ReplyDelete
  74. Cerial killer mani's rock!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Nice work!  I'll have to remember that if I ever get called for jury duty. 

    ReplyDelete
  76. This is the most awesome blog post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  77. You are hilarious! This was hysterical! Oh how I needed this laugh. Your manicure is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  78. This mani totally rocks!  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I think you look totally adorable.  What's wrong with these people?

    ReplyDelete
  80. This makes me wish we had a jury system here, just so I could put one over the know-it-alls that clog what passes for a justice system in my country. Because, gurl, you rock, and you showed 'em, and all 'innocently,' too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  81. This is the most awesome blog post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thank you! My mani was the most fun

    ReplyDelete
  83. ahhh! very well planned (and funny)!

    ReplyDelete
  84. oh, and you are the prettiest sleep-deprived girl i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your nails took great!
    oh btw ZOMBIE sent me here

    ReplyDelete
  86. Thank you lovie! I hope I didn't traumatize you too badly! Give Phaedra loves for me!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO