All the Beautiful people

Earth day is everyday!

I do not celebrate Earth day per say,
not due to lack of belief in the idea but due to my raising. See we were taught to treat Mother Earth as just that, our Mother. So I suppose that for me everyday is Earth day. So I thought I would share some of the "conservation" ideals I was raised with and have/am passing on to my children.

I also have pretty polish to share first.
I did a base of 2 coats Color Club Rebel Debutante and then one coat of OPI Standing room only.
I have had/tried every holo top coat and shear silver holo and not one of them holds a candle to Standing room only. It does not eat the color or change the color, it doesn't add holo glitter over it just makes the base holo period. So I adore it.
Sorry that I had to use my lightbox but there is no sunshine.

These are so not color accurate. So you'll have to imagine this intense neon green holo.

And that is just what the holo looks like in my crappy lightbox.

Just think what it does in the Sun

I don't think I could love this combo anymore!

It's love!

OK now for those who are sticking around for the Earth inspiration, follow me.

I grew up hearing this saying almost daily.
"We did not inherit the Earth from our Parents, we borrowed it from our children."

So with that thought ingrained in my head I have always thought, what do I want to give back to my children.

These are a few prophecies and sayings that I grew up with and my children could recite them all in their sleep. I share the wisdom even when they don't realise.

We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees.

Take no more from the Earth than you need and give back as much as you take.

Mother Earth is our Mother, without her we would not be.
I cannot understand, is this how you treat your Mother?
Would you chop off your Mothers hair as you chop down the forest?
Would stomp across your Mothers body as she slept as you have done to Mother Earth?
Would you kill your Mother out of greed as you are doing to Mother Earth?
I cannot understand why you have no love in your heart for the one who gives you all.

Only when the last tree has died

and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will you realize that you can’t eat money
 
"When the earth is dying and the birds have fallen from the sky, the deer have died in their tracks,the rivers have turned black, and the trees have died there shall arise a new tribe of all colors and all creeds. This tribe shall be called The Warriors of the Rainbow and it will put its faith in actions not words. They will bring back our old ways and teach them to our brothers and sisters of all colors. They will show them the ways of our ancestors and teach how to love the animals, the trees, the waters and sky. They fight to save our Mother Earth. Will you be one of the Rainbow Warriors?"
**Note: the above prophecy is hundreds of years old and has been passed through many generations. Most Native American tribes have a similar prophecy dated as far back and all have called these people the Rainbow Warriors.
 
I will leave you with a prayer from my family.
 
Great Spirit I come to you with quiet voice,
I ask you to share your wisdom with us, teach us your ways, the ways of the animals, the ways of the trees and rocks. I sit in still quiet to hear you.
Ask Sun to shine down on the Red road so that we may walk gently and without harm.
 
Whisper your words through the winds and on the wings of butterflies so the we learn to  honor and respect all life and leave the ground as we found it when we come to you with pure hearts and clean hands.
 

33 comments:

  1. i love the layering and somehow it reminds me that it looks a bit like a brighter/lighter sister of nubar reclaim :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely hope to be the one of the Rainbow Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I had no idea OPI did a holo topcoat, I MUST PROCURE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look on ebay, it's an old one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that you will be love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is very close to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing.  So beautiful!   (not the polish, but that's pretty, too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! you make me wish I was native.  Y'all have it figured out...


    oh, and your nails is pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  10. The earth day wisdom was WONDERFUL!  I got a bit choked up... weird!  Anyway, the mani is wonderful and I NEED standing room only!  Thank you... thank you for that<---sarcasm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspiring post which really touched my heart.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those nails are amazing!

    And thank you for sharing part of your childhood and family prayers/thoughts. Very thoughtful thinking, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO BEAUTIFUL!
    the nails, the words of wisdom, the prayer...it's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was "outstanding", thanks for the knowledge and the beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I think of Earth Day celebrations I think of the Native Americans.  Exactly what you expressed I think of.  What beautiful thoughts and prayers.  Some I've heard of before.  These things are so true.  I finally saw Avatar the other day and I thought there were many Native American ideas in it.  Thank you so much for sharing your tribes wisdom.  More people should heed this than deride the people.  Manicure is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. <span>nice color !!!</span>

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you and big hugs for my friend Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for not being annoyed with my off topic posts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Stiletto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is the point in wisdom if it isn't shared.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are very welcome, enjoy your new lemming <----Smart ass, lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned a saying from a sweet Cherokee lady, She says that being Native is not just in the blood it's more in the heart and actions.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for reading. :*

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't know this about Standing Room Only. Added to wishlist! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Native Americans have such a beautiful philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful nails! I love the earth day inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for not being annoyed with my off topic posts. lol

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO