All the Beautiful people

Golden Rose Swatches

As promised here are my Golden Rose Swatches
Get a snack this is a looong one!

First I want to do the colors that Mary sent extra. These are Golden Rose USA's top sellers.


#40 from the Paris line.
A golden base with gold glitter. It is sheer so I layered 2 thin coats over a taupe, 20 coats and you can't see the taupe at all. I believe that you could make this opaque in 4 coats.


Direct light                            Low Light
#24 from the Paris line is a fabulous almost jelly yet opaque pink.
I would say a Barbie pink yet in lower light it's a bit deeper if you notice the top two pictures.
Opaque in two coats but squishy looking. Love it!

#83 from the Paris line is a Coral/red
In direct light it looks like the pictures above. In Low light it looks more of a soft orange red but still looks good on my skin, which is unheard of! This also has that jelly-like look. (2 coats)

#52 from the Fashion color line is my new favorite spring green. It is a lime green not quite neon but not pastel and is a wonderful Jelly. This is 3 coats and no top coat.

#76 from the Paris line. I already had on a green blue so I layered it over as it looks sheer.
It is a mermaid sea blue with shimmering glitter flecks. Gorgeous color, but I think it would be better layered over a straight blue or black. The green blue made the very tips of my nails look odd almost stained.
So I will try this again because the color is amazing.

#66 Paris line is a metallic/chrome silver opaque in 2 coats and the depth changes with different lighting.
As with most metallics it shows brush strokes though not enough so that a coat of seche wouldn't hide it.

#101 Paris holographic line is a taupe holo. The sun kept disapearing on me so I'll take pictures again when the sun is shining. The holo in this is beautiful, it's a dispursed holo similar to the OPI DS holo's. If you love holo but work in a conservative office I honestly believe you could get away with this. The color is very soft and work safe and in indoor light the holo is subtle enough that it's only noticable if you look carefully.

#113 Paris Holographic line you only get one picture in indirect light because again the sun played peek a boo. But it is my manicure for tomorow so I will have better sunlight pictures the.
This is a great Pink/red holo. I layered it over a red creme the day they arrived just to see and yes if layered over red it is red. On it's own it is a deep reddish pink and the holo is beautiful!

#108 Paris Holographic is a red based purple holo.
The holo's all remind me of the origional OPI DS holo's and I'm loving the colors.

#36 Fashion color line is a light blue metallic that wanted to show up as grey.
It is a very pretty baby blue metallic, these are with no top coat and almost no brush strokes.
The last one you have to wait until tomorrow because I have a comparison to do with it.

Overall: The brushes are great, not too wide, not too skinny and they fan perfectly.
I really am thrilled with all of the colors. The formula is great quality, not thick or gloopy, not runny just very smooth creamy formula in all. I am very impressed with this brand and with Golden Rose USA.
I will be ordering again very soon!


46 comments:

  1. All are lovely. 101 and 108 look great! And that coral/orange looks very nice on you. I can't wait to see the last one....ohh pretty sparkly black holo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #24 is beautiful as is # 113. You're so groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nea/ fashioned in FinlandApril 4, 2010 at 1:45 AM

    Oh, lovely colors! I liked that barbie pink especially :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the holo, the bright green, the hot pink, and the gold. I'm impressed too - these are some AWESOME colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all look beautiful on you! Sorry about your nails the other day, darn you flat tire! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! those are great polish...i've seen those paris line polish here but i dont see the holo polish.. thanks for sharing!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh 52 is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swatches! Love the holo ones myself:P 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the two pinks!!!! And your nails look fabulous even now that they're shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, they all are pretty, but you hid the gem from us :-P, can't wait for your next post !

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loooove alll this color !!! green love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i've never seen this brand before, theyare really fantastic looking! I looove 52, it's such a happy color :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot get over how gorgeous your nails look this length. So, so elegant. I'm totally jealous of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the holo. NEED the holo. Awesome swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought #40 was blatantly going to be my favourite, but now it's #24. It just got better as I scrolled down, the holos are awesome. :D

    And I loooove your nails this length.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting them so soon. They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't wait to swatch them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't pick a favorite yet. Thank You, swatching is faster now. *DONT_KNOW*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need the rest of the holo's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank You lovie! :*

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was new to me too, but then I've never been outside North America.
    What is happier than a green jelly?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving the green too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know me, full of suspence! lol :-P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank You Sasha! Did I poke at your temptation?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the holo's too, need mooooooore!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I knew you'd like that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I guess they aren't carried in all countries. I found an e-tailer in Africa,Turkey, Another European one and this one in the US with the holo's.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Flat tires are eviiiiiiiillll! >:o

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am pretty blown away by this company and this E- tailer! =-O

    ReplyDelete
  30. That would look awesome on you and you could do a pink eye look to match! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. #113 is the hotness!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those are all gorgeous on you. I dearly love your very long nails. This length looks lovely also. Your extra long nails really sets you apart. They're the best nails by far. I guess you are missing them badly. They're still longer than mine! I just broked my middle finger and ring finger. It feel weird and I'm tempted to chop the little fingernail off. Out of all I'm like the orange shade. That's weird because I usually don't wear oranges. My girlfriend found all the Milani holo's and neons for me the other day. I'm wearing Pink Hottie today. I don't know if you celebrate Easter or not but if you do have a blessed Happy Easter. If not have a blessed day and enjoy your Sunday. Big hugs to you. :*

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the Milani holo's, well I love Milani in general!
    I am trying to adjust to my mini nails, but my claws will be back soon so I'll try to be patient.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday love!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE #24 and 52!! They're so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, the holos look a LOT like the OPI DS holos! They're so, so pretty. I LOVE that green so much, and the gold is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. 24, 83, 52, 108 & 113 are awesome...especially 52. :)

    I can't believe that I'm about to say this...probably the silliest thing ever...but- I'm having a difficult time getting over the fact that you cut your lovely nails!
    I know they'll grow- but until then, I'm without nails to dazzle me *and* desktop wallpaper. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am pretty blown away by this company and this E- tailer! =-O

    ReplyDelete
  39. It was new to me too, but then I've never been outside North America.
    What is happier than a green jelly?!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for posting them so soon. They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I LOVE the holo, the bright green, the hot pink, and the gold. I'm impressed too - these are some AWESOME colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO