All the Beautiful people

Systeme 41 Rejuvenating Masque review

I have been using this for a while (any skin product I test long term)
System 41 is a skin care line by Dr. Janet Zand and is 100% natural.
They have a really good guarantee:
Système 41 is 100% guaranteed.
If you don't notice a difference in the way your skin looks and feels, simply return the unused product (even if you're at the bottom of the jar!) for a complete refund.
No questions asked. No time limits. You can return the entire container completely empty at any time and still get 100% of your money back. You risk nothing by trying Système 41.


The ingredients:
(From the website)
Ingredients: aqua (purified de-ionized water), squalane (olive), kaolin (amazon white clay), caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, rosa moschata (rose hip) seed oil, phytosteryl macadamiate, bentonite, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil unsaponifiables, santalum album (sandalwood) wood extract, phellodendron amurense bark extract, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, candelilla/jojoba/rice bran polyglyceryl-3 esters, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, sodium stearoyl lactylate, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, mangifera indica (mango) fruit extract, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, alpha glucan oligosaccharide, sodium hyaluronate, biosaccharide gum-1, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, chitosan, hydrolyzed algin, chlorella vulgaris extract, sea water, jojoba esters, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (vitamin c), citrus extract, menthol, natural fragrance, sodium phytate.

The first time I used it I tried it as a masque which it says to leave on up to 20 minutes.
It smells minty, not overpowering. The texture is like most clay or mud masques, thick and pasty. It works best to rub it in your hands a little before spreading it on your face or it kind of crumbles and falls off.
I made it to 3 minutes and my skin was burning so bad I had to wash it off.
My face was red and fiery for several hours.
If you notice in the ingredient list it contains Tea Tree oil which was to harsh for me to use as a masque.

Since that one time I have been using it as a scrub.
It works wonderfully! It does not dry my skin out or leave it greasy.
After using the Rejuvenating masque as a scrub my face is soft and smooth and feels clean.
I have noticed that my pores appear smaller and I have fewer blackheads.
I will certainly continue using it and see if it completely or at least mostly minimizes my pores.


Pros:
-It is all natural
-Leaves skin soft and smooth
-minimizes pores
-reduces blackheads
-non drying
-not oily

Cons:
-I cannot use it as a masque due to the high content of tea Tree
-The Price $30 + shipping for 2oz. is a bit steep for a scrub/masque for me
-The packaging, I'm not fond of dipping my fingers into a jar of thick paste and having it under my nails. I would prefer a squeeze tube.



*Product in this post was sent by the company/pr for my honest review

















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I also prefer squeeze tubes to jars. I don't like anything getting under my nails. Yuck!


    www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most amazing masques! I got to do a review of their cleanser, which removes makeup and doesn't bother your eyes. I think the whole group of products are amazing!

    Kim
    http://thoughtsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try using a spatula, that's what my wife does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have spatulas in a variety of sizes that I use for just about anything that doesn't come in a tube.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO