All the Beautiful people

Tutorial: Making Flakies nail polish

This is a little time consuming but well worth it!

Photobucket

You'll need Flakies from a beauty supply or etailer. These are way to big to work in nail polish but well fix that! A small sharp pair of scissors. A funnel, paper funnels work just as well. A bottle of clear nail polish, no more than 3/4 full. And I like to put everything on a sheet of paper to catch the escape flakies.


1
Empty about half of your flakies into a zip bag so that you have room to work.
Start cutting down your flakies. I rest my hand over the top to keep them from flying around. Turn the jar and stir your flakies up as you cut so that you get them all.


2
3
When you have your flakies cut down to the desired size (a little larger than the tip of a medium ball point pen) Place your funnel in your clear nail polish and start adding your flakies a little at a time. They tend to clog the funnel if you put too much in at a time.
4
5
Now add a couple of Ballz (BB's) and shake.
6
You can add a few drops of colored polish or glitter if you like. That's it, you are ready to play with your new flakies!

15 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I tried (and failed) with these flakes. Thank you for posting how to do it right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see everyones personalized flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial! Been wondering about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come up with some incredible things. I don't know how I missed your blog. I'm here now and interested to read what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you found it and happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I get this Flakies from? Is there a website where I can purchase them ?(I'm from Germany ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dollarnailart has them in with the glitters, they call them Ice chips. I believe they ship international.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much <3
    I really love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The very first picture is one coat of my flakies polish over black.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where can I get this Flakies from? Is there a website where I can purchase them ?(I'm from Germany ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The very first picture is one coat of my flakies polish over black.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you all! XOXO