I had the opportunity to review Honeybee Gardens Water based non peel off nail polish
and their Odorless nail polish remover.
I love products like this. As a Mom I love products that are safe for my girls to use and as a Native American woman I love that nature really does provide so much for us.
Honeybee Gardens Water based nail polish is described as:
Our unique water-based polish is totally odor-free! No more nasty fumes. But perhaps best of all, there's also no need for toxic smelly nail polish remover - this product removes with rubbing alcohol, vodka/grain alcohol or our new Odorless Polish Remover! Thanks to our new patented technology, there's nothing else like it on the market!
Comes in 21 great colors to match our Truly Natural Lipsticks
odorless, non-toxic earth-friendly formula
long wearing fabulous colors
Contains NO:FD&C colors, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, xylene, or formaldehyde
Ingredients: water, water-miscible acrylic, polyurethane formers and thickeners, non-ionic soaps. May contain: ultramarine blue, carmine, mica, iron oxides, and/or titanium dioxide
(Taken directly from honeybee gardens.com)
So as a Mom of a 19 month old who loves her nails polished but always puts her hands in her mouth, my first priority was to research and see if this was safe for her. I checked the list on poison control and non of these are listed. Then I emailed our family Pediatrician and here is his reply: “I would not encourage any child to consume non food items, however all of the ingredients are safe to ingest and would have no adverse affect if swallowed.”
So top priority has been met!
Here is what I was sent for review
The polish is in Vintage Merlot, a lovely wine crème.
Honeybee gardens website it says that 2 thin coats dries faster than 1 thick coat and it is water resistant in 15 minutes and resistant to shampoo, dish liquid etc after 1 hour.
I used 2 very thin coats and probably could have used 3. I used no top coat.It is a bit slower to dry than regular polish but it dried to a very nice glossy finish in about 10 minutes. I showered about 2 hours after applying with no denting or smudges.
I used the Odorless remover which contains no Acetone.Ingredients: methyl acetate, butoxydiglycol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, equisetum adverse (horsetail) extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), fragrance
It worked very well, removed all traces of polish and left not even the slightest stain.
The polish runs $6.99 for a .5fl oz bottle and the remover is $6.99 for a 4oz bottle.
I will be getting more of these for my girls, I love the security of knowing that this will not harm my babies!
P.S. I also did a spill test because I know that my 8 y/o will spill. I dripped a few drops on my carpet, on jeans and in my hardwood floors and let it dry completely and all removed with a quick soak of rubbing alcohol!
Melissa from Honeybee Gardens has given a 20% off code just enter THANKS into the coupon code field!